Hello paper crafting friends! Today we have this Graphic 45 St Nicholas Holiday Train Tutorial from master paper crafter, Shellie Geigle! Shellie designed this adorable train set. In this tutorial she takes it to the next level and embellishes it with the 2016 Graphic 45 St. Nicholas Christmas paper collection, poinsettia flowers, pearls, and ribbon.
*Note – Although this collection is no longer available, you can make one using papers that you already have. Click here for more paper choices.
You too can have fun decorating the Designs by Shellie MDF Train Set. Paint them, cover them with paper, or other material, and add embellishments to create your dream train.
The following materials can be purchased right here on our website. Links are provided on each item, just click, add to cart and purchase. Simple and easy.
Download PDF File of Materials list here: DBS HOLIDAY TRAIN CLASSIC CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS MATERIALS LIST PDF
- (1) DESIGNS BY SHELLIE CLASSIC CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS 12 X 12 PAPER PAD
- (1) Designs by Shellie Deluxe Train Set
- (3) Designs by Shellie Resin Wagon Wheels (4 per package) – Gold (if you are only decorating the front of the train, 2 sets)
- ART GLITTER DESIGNER GLUE
- METAL TIP
- FLAT BACK PEARLS.
- STICKLES: GOLD (OPTIONAL FOR OUTLINING YOUR FLOWERS)
- WINK OF STELLA – A MUST FOR THE SHIMMER LOOK OF FLOWERS AND SENTIMENTS
- INKS –MEMENTO BRANDS: OLIVE GROVE
- FLOWERS: Petaloo Textured Elements Burlap Poinsettias: Red (Ivory is an option too)
- JULIE HERRICK’S PORCELAIN POINSETTIAS available at her Etsy Store: Angelspathcrafts. etsy.com/shop/Angelspathcrafts
- DIES/STAMPS For diecutters/stampers: Poinsettia Flowers: Heartfelt Creations Sparkling Poinsettia Stamp set HCPC-3680 and Sparkling Poinsettia Die HCD1-766
HOLIDAY DÉCOR – PICKS AND MISC FILLER: HOLIDAY GOLD LEAVES, SPRAYS, ETC. YOUR CHOICE AND OPTIONAL
(Where to find these items: DOLLAR STORES, MICHAELS CRAFT STORE, JOANNS, OR YOUR LOCAL CRAFT STORE)
Shellie has put together a detailed video tutorial for you. She teaches you techniques and offers tips in this Holiday centerpiece process.